Family Of Arrested Psychic Who Scammed Man Out Of More Than $500,000 Kept Giving Readings And Scamming At Parlor While Psychic Was In Jail

Although Priscilla Kelly Delmaro had been sitting in jail at Rikers Island for months last year, her psychic shop in Times Square didn’t stay shut down for very long.

The small shop is located on 253 West 43rd Street and is where Delmaro met a man named Niall Rice who ended up paying her more than $550,000 in an effort to reunite with a deceased woman which we reported on previously, Scamming Psychics From Palm Beach Arrested In New York City. Shortly after Delmaro’s arrest, the little shop replaced her and was doing business as usual.

The police went back to the shop last Sunday and arrested another supposed psychic- Delmaro’s mother-in-law Christine Evans. Even though the allegations against Evans aren’t as serious as Delmaro’s, it is still a reminder that the New York psychic business is often a family business. Generations of mothers pass the tricks of the trade down to their daughters and apparently even their daughter-in-laws.

27-year-old Delmaro was taken into custody in May of 2015 and was accused of taking money, in sums as high as $100,000, from a British marketing executive working in New York at the time, Niall Rice. The 33-year-old man had previously been in drug rehabilitation facility in Arizona and met a woman there that he had fallen in love with and dated. She however ended the relationship and Rice was extremely distraught. That is when he decided to visit a psychic; Delmaro was his second psychic experience.

Rice eventually learned that this woman he was in love with had died of a drug overdose but Delmaro kept promising him a reunion with her. She told him that the woman had been reincarnated into a new body and that with the use of a time machine, an 80-mile bridge made of gold, and special crystals, she would be able to reunite them once again.

Rice became aware eventually of what Delmaro was doing to him and he contacted the police and pressed charges against her. Detectives learned of how between the two psychics he visited, he ended up paying about $713,795 for their “services”. In an interview he gave in November he told of how he fell into these traps because he was so desperate and depressed at the time of the visits. He was also under the impression that he would end up getting his money back by the psychic.

Unfortunately, Rice had a sexual encounter with Rice once and that put his case in a gray area legally speaking since she could have argued that the money he gave her was a gift.

Delmaro ended up pleading guilty in November to grand larceny and was released in January; she spent eight months total incarcerated. Bobby Evans, her husband, was also taken into custody for the case but the charges were dropped later.

At some point, it appears that her mother-in-law stepped into Delamaro’s role as fortune-teller. Enticed by a flier that promised to answer to questions for $10, a 23-year-old woman from the Upper West Side walked into the parlor around 10pm on April 9th of this year, according to a criminal complaint. The woman chose to remain anonymous.

According to the complaint, Ms. Evans gave the woman a tarot card reading and gave her bad news. She told the woman that her mother had been cursed previously and had managed to pass the curse down to her. The woman was instructed to go to a Duane Reade that was close by and purchase a $300 Visa gift card so that she could begin cleansing her spirit and the woman did so.

The woman returned to Ms. Evans the next day and according to a private investigator that the woman hired named Bob Nygaard, Ms. Evans told her that a special tool was needed to do the cleansing. This tool was a decorative water fountain that cost $399 and the woman purchased it. The fountain was described as a “49-inch tall column of ‘natural slate and copper’ over which water continuously flowed, transforming a small section of garden or office into a relaxing getaway” on the website from which it was purchased.

The complaint states that the woman also purchased two $500 Visa gift cards and gave them to Ms. Evans and that she also wanted her to buy a candle for each year of the woman’s life, 23 total, at a cost of $600 each but the woman declined that. According to Nygaard, by the end of the week, the woman realized that this was not normal and she demanded her money back from Ms. Evans but was refused.

Nygaard states that the woman refused to leave empty-handed so she grabbed the water fountain she had purchased and that was sitting in the parlor and had a stranger help her take it outside. She ended up getting most of her money back on that after she shipped it back to the company.

On Sunday at 6:45pm outside of the parlor, detectives arrested Ms. Evans. She was charged with fraud, petty larceny, and fortunetelling. After an arraignment on the following Monday she was released on her own recognizance. Jeffrey Cylkowski, her lawyer, said his client denied all the charges.

When asked for her place of residence, Ms. Evans gave police the address of an apartment. This apartment had a neon sign on the front window that said “Psychic Readings”. When a reporter knocked on the door, a woman answered it and asked, “Do you want a reading?”

When the reporter asked instead about Ms. Evans, the woman, whose name is supposedly Tina, told her them that she had never heard of her and that she had only been living in the apartment for about a week.



Angela Moore founded Psychic Review Online in 2008 after being scammed out of her life savings by a psychic con artist. Since then she has devoted her time to rooting out the frauds and helping people find a real psychic reader.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply

      Psychic Review Online