There’s a lot of misinformation surrounding tarot cards and tarot readings. Some associate tarot with evil or wrongdoing . There are even some who think that this is where curses and spells come from. In reality, these things couldn’t be further from the truth.
I thought I’d take this opportunity to talk a little about tarot readings. What they are, why you would want one, and how they work over the phone.
You might not have thought it was possible to get a tarot card reading by phone. A lot of people are surprised to learn that not only is it absolutely possible, it’s also really common. Phone tarot readings work very much like regular psychic readings.
They can also be done by instant messaging or video calling, similar to other virtual work or school sessions you may have experienced. You don’t have to be face-to-face for relevant and accurate information to be exchanged.
Psychics have several different gifts that can be used whether they’re across the room from you or across the world. Authentic psychics are able to “tap into” a person’s frequencies regardless of the distance between them. Their amazing abilities and profound intuition transcend distance and space in the Universe.
What Is A Tarot Card Reading?
Before I explain how a phone tarot reading works, it helps to be familiar with tarot readings in general. Tarot readings use a special deck of cards that have been around for hundreds of years. In fact, Wikipedia states that the first documented tarot packs were recorded between 1440 and 1450!
There are usually 78 cards and each one of them has a different image on it that represents ancient and universal archetypes. Some of the fear and aversion surrounding tarot cards has to do with the fact that some of the cards have “scary” images on them.
For example, “The Devil” is one of the cards but contrary to how it sounds, it can actually be a really good card to draw. Same with the “Death” card; sounds scary but can represent rebirth and new beginnings.
The images depict situations that can happen in a person’s lifetime. A tarot reader has a special way of arranging the deck of cards in order to gain psychological and metaphysical insights. These things tell them a lot about a person’s past, present, and future.
Since a tarot card reading can provide insight into all aspects of your life, it’s a good idea to set your intentions before booking a session.
That way the psychic has something they can pick up on and be able to focus their energy towards that specific issue. This isn’t necessary but it can save you time and money.
After you’ve set your intentions, it’s recommended that you come up with a list of open-ended questions.
You want to avoid questions that can be answered with a simple “yes” or “no.”
Have these questions ready before you speak to a psychic so that you can make the most of your time with them.
These are some of the most common reasons people get tarot card readings:
- To get out of a rut
- To be more successful at work
- To get help with making big decisions
- To establish and prioritize goals
- To find more balance in life
- To attract and maintain healthy relationships
- To know how to identify and act on opportunities that present themselves
- To get closure and heal from the loss of a loved one
What Does A Tarot Card Reading By Phone Look Like?
Every psychic has their own way of reading tarot cards. Some like to incorporate the use of spirit guides, some like to use crystals. Others rely on intuition and instinct. It depends on how they have been doing it for most of their life.
It’s also worth noting that not every psychic is necessarily a tarot card reader. This is why it’s important to know what you’re hoping to get out of a reading and find the best reader for you.
Trusted online psychic networks like Psychic Source (one of my all time favorites!) let you filter their readers by skill and expertise. They can also match you up with the best advisor for your specific needs.
The concept of a tarot reading over the phone is the same regardless of what method the psychic uses. It goes a little something like this:
- The psychic usually starts out by asking for your first name and your date of birth before tuning all their energy into you
- Then the psychic might ask what your intention is for the reading. This gives them some context when working with the cards. It is possible to start the reading without an intention and let the cards do all the work but as I mentioned earlier, having one saves you time and money.
- The psychic will then pick up on your vibrations and “tune in” to your frequency. They will begin shuffling and rearranging the cards the way their body tells them to.
- The psychic then pulls cards from the deck and creates a “spread.” Some of the most popular tarot spreads include the Tree of Life spread, the Three Card spread, the Astrological spread, and the Celtic Cross spread.
- The more experienced a reader is, the more cards they’re able to work with and therefore the more spreads they can create. The resulting layout of the cards tell the psychic a specific story that they then relay to you.
The cards work as a spark for the psychic’s insight and intuition. This is what allows them to provide you with advice specific to you and only you.
The experience of having your tarot cards read is a lot more involved and fulfilling than I can ever put into words. The journey is different for everybody but the results are amazing for all.
If you’re curious about what cards will turn up for you, book a tarot reading with one of the talented psychics on my reviews page today!