Do Psychics Have a Code Of Ethics To Follow?
All psychics have their personalized “Code of Ethics”. For them it acts as a rule-book which they themselves have devised and swear to follow. It essentially contains all the most basic Dos and Dont’s which the Psychic chooses to walk by and also acts as a very simple description for the clients who wish to understand the Psychic’s basic philosophies.
A code of ethics also like a statement of principles for the psychic himself/herself.
It restricts the psychic from transgressing the boundaries set by himself/herself at the start of his/her practice. An example of one of the statements included in a Code of Ethics which was published by the American Board of Tarot Certification contains the statement that “All the clients shall be assured of complete confidentiality, and that the reader will not coerce the client into making any additional purchase of any kind.” Hence the Code of Ethics helps the individual with the desire to be read to fully understand what to expect and what not to expect from a psychic reader and the consultation as a whole.
The existence of this code of ethics is also highly beneficial for the individuals being read as these code of ethics restrict the information that is given out to them even though the psychic has acquired more. An example of this is that Psychics may come across information such as a nearing death or accident, but it is generally against their code of ethics to mention things that are beyond the individual’s control and are physically and mentally damaging to know about.
The principle that they generally follow while restricting information is that they consider what the outcome will be if they speak out the information…Will it add any value or benefit if the person acquires this information? If they believe that it will and it does not go against the code of ethics, only then it is told to the individual and then the psychic tried to provide some thoughts and ideas on how to improve a challenging or testing situation.
Some other widely accepted statements in the code of ethics are
- I will not falsely advertise his/ her services and in any way mislead the public, promising anything other than what the psychic can actually provide.
- I will make sure that my rates are clearly stated and the clients are completely aware of exactly what amount they will have to pay at the end of the session.
- I will strictly avoid making any of my client dependent upon me for any kind of advice. Instead, I will do everything in my power to empower my clients themselves and all other to go forth and make their own choices and decisions.
- The client’s confidentiality is of utmost importance and I make sure that it is completely protected at all times and in no way shall leak out to any source whatsoever.
- I will take care of myself personally so that I am able to give effective psychic readings with as much clarity as possible. I will not let my client suffer due to the increasing limitations of my own ability.